TIME IS A PHYSICIAN’S MOST VALUABLE AND FINITE RESOURCE.
SCRIBES ARE AN AFFORDABLE HIGH IMPACT SOLUTION FOR PHYSICIANS.
What We Do For:
What is a Scribe?Why Use Scribes?See a Scribe in Action
Scribes are individuals specially trained in medical documentation who assist a physician
throughout their shift.
The primary goal of a medical scribe is to increase the efficiency and productivity of the physician for whom they are working.
SCRIBE DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Act as a doctor’s personal assistant. They are present during medical consultations and
are trained to document clinical patient encounters as they occur;
- Record procedures, treatment plans, discharge instructions and write referrals;
- Fax imaging requests, chase pathology reports and contact other physicians.
The changing healthcare environment has placed extraordinary pressure on physicians
to operate more efficiently.
There is growing patient demand, with fewer physician resources.
OTHER ISSUES INCLUDE:
- Wasted clinical time due to documenting and data entry.
- Increasing numbers of patients to see in the same amount of time.
- Longer hours, reduced time for family and social life.
- Poor/incomplete documentation.
- New electronic health records slowing you down.
- Lost revenue due to missed/incomplete billing.
- Growing number of non-reimbursable tasks.
- Burn out is common among doctors, and recent data suggests it is the burden of documentation that is the biggest headache.
BENEFITS OF SCRIBES INCLUDE:
- Increased accuracy capturing full patient/doctor interaction.
- Prompted and reminded when investigation results are complete – don’t miss any, don’t waste time chasing results.
- Fewer distractions = fewer mistakes.
- Less overtime as notes are completed simultaneously while doctor is at the bedside.
- Less tired at end of shift.
- Better work: life balance.
- More productive: more patients seen per shift.
- More patient contact, more time at the bedside, not behind a computer.
- More medicine, more pathology.
- Patients seen per hour increase.
- Maximize reimbursements b/c capture all billable items.
- Increased direct and indirect revenue.
- Real time charting outsourced data entry.
- More clinical medicine = more interesting work = more learning.
- Doctors work at the top of their license, not doing data entry.
- Complete, thorough notes at end of shift.
- Tighter documentation standards improves compliance and provides better medico legal outcomes.