Welcome! This is a comprehensive self-directed learning package that will give you knowledge and understanding of the unique and innovative …
Welcome! This is a comprehensive self-directed learning package that will give you knowledge and understanding of the unique and innovative role of a doctor clinical assistant (AKA “Medical Scribe”). You will cover a large amount of interesting content, from medical terminology and abbreviations, to learning the process of writing a standard medical note and use these core skills to complete a comprehensive medical record.
The course is structured into the following sections to guide your learning.
- Module 1 – Introduction
- Module 2 – Foundations
- Module 3 – Medical Chart Structure
- Module 4 - Overview of Body systems
- Module 5 – Musculoskeletal and Orthopaedic Module
- Module 6 – Cardiovascular System
- Module 7 – Respiratory and ENT Systems
- Module 8 – Gastrointestinal System
- Module 9 – Neurological System
- Module 10 – Renal and Reproductive Systems
- Module 11 – Skin and soft tissues Module
- Module 12 – The eye Module
- Module 13 - Paediatric Module
- Module 14 – Investigations
- Module 15 - Medical Documentation and Scope of Practice
- Module 16- Final Assessment
Your progress is saved when you complete each page so you can log back in any time and continue where you left off.
By the end of the course you will have a solid foundation in the skills and tasks of a doctor clinical assistant, to be able to work alongside physicians as they care for patients! Whether you work in an emergency department or alongside a specialist in their medical rooms, you will have learned the role of a clinical assistant so you can thrive in the clinical setting and help doctors care for patients.
This course will start with the basics of medical terminology and build up to juggling 3 real patient cases, writing the notes, collating results and creating the documents required for the patients as if you were in the clinical setting.
The style is a mixed model including:
- Self-paced learning modules
- Interactive audio and visual activities
- Textbook Activities
- Written assignments with model answers
- Case studies
- Real time mock and patient videos for real-time clinical assistant experience
As the course progresses, you will gain an appreciation of the importance of clear and thorough documentation and the legal reasons for it. A large body of information will be covered to ensure you have the skills and competency to become a doctors clinical assistant; we are confident you will enjoy the course.
- Student Survey Unlimited
- Module 1: Important information as you get started 00:00:00
- Module 1: What is a Clinical Assistant? 00:00:00
- Module 1: Communication, Continuity of Care, and Legal Paperwork 00:00:00
- Module 1: Medico-Legal Aspects of Documentation 00:00:00
- Module 1: Confidentiality 00:00:00
- Module 1: Health information and the Privacy Act 00:00:00
- Module 1: Summary of Privacy, Confidentiality and Management of Sensitive records 00:00:00
- Module 1: A Patient Journey 00:00:00