The cardiovascular system is the blood transport system (therefore supplier of oxygen and nutrients, and removes waste) for the body. It includes the heart and all the blood vessels (arteries, veins, capillaries).
- Identify the function and structure of the CVS
- Know the cardiac anatomy with respect to heart chambers and the vascular system
- Know historical features of cardiac issues, risk factors and symptoms. List the major components of blood and their functions.
- Describe common disorders of the CVS
- Understand common tests, procedures and treatment for cardiovascular conditions
- Identify medications commonly prescribed for the treatment of cardiovascular diseases and disorders
- Write medical charts for patients presenting with cardiac conditions